Invitation

Invitation:

This is the invitation I chose to use for this event. I chose a simple template because I thought that it would represent Jackie's simple style and taste in fashion. I chose to focus on Jackie's style because it is what made her so well known as an American icon. Her taste in fashion is portrayed in a very accurate light in the film Jackie. I used this template because the cocktail represents Jackie's drinking habits, which I elaborate more on in the dinner menu. I also chose a pink color scheme because this represents Jackie's most iconic and well-known look, the pink and navy Chanel suit that was worn on the day of her husband's assassination.

Guest List:

Jaqueline Kennedy Onassis- I chose to invite Jackie because this is a celebration of her so it would only be proper to invite the featured lady. It would be interesting for the guests to see Jackie at her own celebration and I believe it would be interesting for Jackie to see a recap of her life in this way. 

John Fitzgerald Kennedy- The second guest I would invite is JFK because he was her husband and a very important part of her life and legacy. It would only make sense to invite Camelot himself. Jackie being married to him changed her life completely, so it would be imperative to have him attend this event. 

Natalie Portman- I believe that Natalie Portman would be a very important guest because she was able to transform into Jackie for this film and empathize with her like no other. I believe that it would be very interesting to see how her and Jackie would interact with each other because of their similarities.

Pablo Larrain- Larrain is the director of the film and I would choose to invite him because he would have a unique perspective on the life of Jackie. I believe that he would be fascinated to have a discussion with Jackie and hear her speak directly, opposed to indirectly.

Barbara Leaming- I would invite Barbara Leaming because she seems to be very knowledgeable about not only Jackie, but the entire Kennedy family. She is a biographer and has written about both Jackie and JFK. I learned lots of interesting facts from her work that allowed me to advance with this project. I believe her knowledge would be incredibly valuable to have at this event.

Caroline Kennedy- I would invite Caroline Kennedy to this party because as Jackie's daughter, she knew her very well. Being nearly six years old on the day of her father's assassination, she grew up living a life that would be very difficult to imagine. She was put in the spotlight and had to deal with trauma in a very different way than most people. Caroline would be an important guest because of the perspective she had of her mother while growing up.

Aristotle Onassis- I would invite Jackie's second husband because he played a very important role in her life. He was extremely wealthy and was able to provide Jackie with the financial security she craved for herself and her children. I believe that the others guests would enjoy having conversations with Onassis and hearing about his life with Jackie.

Joe Alsop- The final guest I would choose to invite is Joe Alsop. I believe that he would be an important guest because he interviewed Jackie about the events surrounding the assassination of her husband. He was a writer so he took notes of what she said and allegedly held her hand as she retold her recollection of said events.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semester II Final

Immigration Stereotypes

Racial Differences in Drug Usage and Incarceration